If you have added any of the following data to HORTICOPIA® Professional on your old computer:
and wish to use that data on the new computer, you will need to transfer the Horticopia Data folder.
If you do not have any of the data described above that needs to be transferred, keep it simple by not attempting to transfer the Horticopia Data folder.
First, install HORTICOPIA® Professional from your flash drive as described in your User Guide. Run the Setup located in the root folder of the flash drive or, if the Windows Autoplay options appear, select the software installation option.
Once the software is installed, but before running the program, check for updates by going to Start, All Programs, Horticopia Pro V, Check for Updates
This step is performed only if you are transferring Horticopia Data from your old computer.
1. On Computer NEW:
2. Click on the Setup tab, then click on Import HORTICOPIA Data from a different location.
3. Locate the Horticopia Data folder from Computer OLD and let the data import complete. All of your data will be successfully transferred and usable on computer NEW.
4. Make sure the program runs OK at this point.
5. From the Tools menu, select Launch Control Panel and click on Yes when prompted to quit HORTICOPIA® Professional.
6. In the Control Panel's General tab, select Refresh database and click on OK. This may take several minutes, so be patient and wait until you get the message that the refresh has been completed.
It's a good idea to periodically back up your Horticopia Data. This is easily accomplished using the Setup tab in the Horticopia Control Panel.
Your HORTICOPIA® Professional documents, such as lists and layouts, are simply Windows files and can be located anywhere on your system. They are stored by default in the folder My Documents\Horticopia\Local Documents, but you may store them elsewhere. The Horticopia Data folder backup does not back up these files.
See http://www.horticopia.com/hesk/knowledgebase.php?article=20 for more information.
« Go back
Powered by Help Desk Software HESK - brought to you by Help Desk Software SysAid